Sunday, February 03, 2008

Woosh, woosh!

So, to alleviate some of the stress of late, Ben and I decided to take a quick weekend trip to sugar for a bit of skiing/boarding. Wow. Was that ever a mistake. First, last minute 'fires' had to be put out - I really hate that phrase - so of course I couldn't leave until late - again - and had to sit through horrific traffic. Whatever. Finally made it to sugar. Saturday - let's go ski! Realize have missed 4 phone calls - oh, no! What's going on at work on Saturday? Check voicemail - mom is sitting at my house waiting on me. Yes, she was supposed to come in for hair appt and I'm so busy that I completely forgot and scheduled a ski trip with my husband. Lovely. Call mom, apologize profusely and make mental note to send nice gift on Monday. (Like I'll ever find the time! Ok, must find someone who can send nice gift to Mom on Monday. I really need a wife.) So, walk outside - it's 60 damn degrees outside! What? This is February. And we're trying to have a weekend ski retreat. Anyway, so off to the mountain (haha - I always seem to forget how tee-iny that place is) where there actually is still snow. I had checked earlier in the week and it looked nice there and of course there was no time for checking weather for the weekend. Yay, there's snow. So, go to rental line for me which is crazy long. Seriously. Stand in crazy long line. Tell Ben, "babe, I don't feel so well." He replies, "You're fine." A few mins later, "Honey, I really don't feel good." "You're fine." Awhile later, "Babe, I think I'm going to pass out." "No, you're not." Wait a bit again. Then things start going black....and I'm down. And shoot, we're next in line! Next thing I know, Ben is picking me up and I hear a guy saying, "I'll hold your things while you take care of her." Ben whisks me outside and sits me down. Ears are ringing but getting better - nice 60 degree cool weather outside is overcoming the black that's still swirling around. Apparently the crazy heat, lack of proper food and extreme CO2 all led to a Stacey collapsed on the ground. How embarrassing.

So, after standing in line for a good 45 mins or so, what to do? Apparently grab some lunch. Anyway, after the drama, we did not even get on the slope - haha - until 3. And of course there's a crazy line for the lift. The lift. Why did we go to Sugar again? Ski down. In the mush of melting snow. Got hot! What? You don't get hot skiing. I mean, not like 'oh my god, I wish I were in a bathing suit' hot. Anyway, we do. Afraid of passing out again. No, seriously. Go sit down. This is just ridiculous. Let's just say that it was quite an expensive weekend for very little skiing.

Glad we're home and looking forward to the Tahoe trip. Hopefully, there won't be any passing out drama.

No comments: