Sunday, September 10, 2006

We're in the Chatty newspaper today - how exciting to see.

So, we had my bachelorette party last night and I had the best time! We ended up doing it here in Chatty which turned out well. Kara made a veil attached to a tiara - super cute pink and white tulle - it was so pretty! We started the night at Hennen's having dinner on the patio, and opened lingerie shower presents there. Hehe....people (including children) were watching - that was slightly embarrassing. One man threw a $20 up on the glass (he was inside) and said I could have it if I tried it on for him. Hehe. We saw his wife in the bathroom and she said that it was her idea and she hoped it didn't embarass me too much. People were walking by - some saying "Don't do it!" and others giving their congratulations. Little girls were amazed by the tiara and veil - one little girl stopped dead in her tracks to look - super cute - her mom smiled when she saw the item I was carrying around. Another little girl walked over from inside the restaurant and stood a foot away from me, just staring - not saying a word. Jess had gotten a stuffed, um, penis. Hehe. It had a pen with it, so they all signed it, and for the rest of the night everytime we encountered someone we had them sign it too. Ben had previously answered some questions and there was a bag full of "to do items". I had to answer the questions correctly, and for each one I could throw out a "to do". I can't remember how many I had to do, but I did accomplish quite a few - I kissed a bald man's head, reported a dirty joke - and boy was it ever disgusting - back to the girls, licked someone (it was salty), got marriage advice from a married couple, got 3 sex tips from a guy, and many more that I'm failing to recall at the moment. After Hennen's we made it over to the Tortilla Factory, then to Bluewater, then Taco Mac (Cindy wanted some queso), then onto the Mix. I had so much fun dancing - it's been a long time. Tracy accidentally took some video of Jess and I dancing which is funny - Sexyback by Justin is so fun. Along the way to Taco Mac, K and I stopped in at Greyfriars so that I could get a piece of cake and some shortbread for ben (our downtown tradition when we eat down there) and the guys gave it to us for free and a girl outside making henna necklaces gave one to me. That was so nice. I felt like a princess all night long - everyone was so nice - I got so many well wishes, many ring admirers (I must admit that it is the prettiest one i've ever seen :-) ), stares, questions, admiring glances, etc. It was such a fun evening. I'll post some pics in a few mins.

Thanks to my girls for giving me such a fun bachelorette party - for staying out so late (when was the last time I strolled in at 3am?), for dancing, for the gifts, for just an amazing night all around. I love you guys!

No comments: