Saturday, January 10, 2009

On This American Life last week...

...there was a story on a couple who marketed themselves to each other which we unfortunately only heard the advertisement for. I am currently trying to "market" the idea to ben that this would be a fun exercise in creative writing. If I am successful, I will post here.

Let's see...general thoughts/beginning notes...the four p's...hmmm...place. Well, hello, I was definitely in the right place for him to meet me and get to know me....but we should address distribution, too. We both love to travel. Right. Check. Now, make it sound pretty.

Product. Good lord....how do I describe myself as a product? This is a hard one since I've always had that semi-feminist idea that I'm not an object. Must do more thinking about this. Though, I can say that I'm aesthetically appealling and fully operational. :-)

Price. Ha! I guess he did sort of buy me with all those expensive dinners...not to mention all the trips he has paid for....man, I feel sort of slutty now. Hehe.

Promotion. Hm. The toughest of them all, since I did not join any online dating services or what not...though Jess did promote me to ben. Yes, must reference friends' attempts to set me up in this section, in addition to random nights out at bars, the joining of clubs & events, etc. All self promoting techniques.

Ok just jotting down thoughts on this is a fun thing, so I think I'm gonna have to make a day of it....stay tuned...which really means, "stay tuned for several years, bec the liklihood of me following through is slim to none."

No comments: