Friday, November 10, 2006

It's Veteran's Day! Thank you veterans! I love random holidays such as these (especially when it works out that they fall on a friday or monday)

Ahhhhh.....so what do I want to do today? I have a whole list of things to do but just can't seem to get started on anything. I didn't even go work out. I think I am mentally exhausted.

Isn't it funny how your body is so accustomed to its internal clock that you still wake up early on days off?

Mika does have his annual appt today, though. Poor guy, I guess I should buy him some canned food to make him feel better afterwards. We now live quite far from his vet so he becomes a very sick kitty on veteran's day every year. I could change to a closer vet, but they know him - they know the angst he has been through. So we still go there.

I had one crazy week at work. Well, really it's been more like 3 crazy weeks at work. I'm hoping that things will not be so stressful next week. I have learned so much in the last 6 months...I really do learn at least one new thing a day. I know I've said this before, but leaving engineering was the best career move I could ever have made.

Did anyone watch the office last night? Oh, my gosh - the opening scene was the funniest thing I've ever seen - watching Dwight lunge towards Stanley's coffee made me "heehaw" as ben would say so loudly that Mika got scared and ran away.

Oh....had dinner with Dave & Shanon last week and they are engaged! How wonderful. They are so happy and we are just ecstatic for them.

I'm very excited for Christmas this year - usually I don't get like this for awhile. Could be bec I'm used to studying and preparing for finals and this year I don't have to or could be bec I felt like I missed Christmas last year bec I got so horrifyingly sick. I dunno. But I can't wait to start buying presents!

No comments: