Friday, November 17, 2006

Random...

Has anyone else noticed on the Sonic commercials with the two guys talking in the car that they are wearing seatbelts as part of their costume? Let me explain - the "seatbelt" is just glued to their shirts...it's not actually a seatbelt - it just continues over their shoulder and down their back. So when they bend forward, sideways, etc, it moves with them. Ben pointed this out to me...and I just saw it for the first time tonight. Weird. Doesn't seem like making it real would hinder their movements.

Do you guys see the same people driving home everyday? We live in a fairly large city - there are between 300k and 400k people here I think - and I think it's funny that I see the same people driving in to work and back home again fairly often. Oh yes, I see you "3GR8KIDS" and "DODD2". Lady with the white sentra that has the nasty exhaust stains on her bumper, oh yeah I pass you too - I always think that you need to clean your car. I read the "BUSHIT" and "You can find dirt under every bush" on a couple of cars regularly. There is this one smallish SUV that has a tiny sticker on the back supporting a candidate and I always try to read it, but alas it was not a smart marketing expense - I have excellent vision and cannot figure out what the name is or what they're (were?) running for. There's jacky, a guy that I went to college with - I pass him in the mornings, usually. Sometimes, I wave - it threw him for a loop when I got my new car.

Oh, speaking of vision, did I ever put on here the troubles with my eye and the fact that I had to wear glasses for a few months? Well, anyway (knock on wood), I *think* I'm finally back in contacts for good. I've gone almost two weeks now. Thank goodness. I was having an identity crisis while in glasses. Plus, I couldn't see my food when I looked down below my frame to spoon or fork it up. That sucked. What especially sucked was the one day on my honeymoon when I couldn't wear contacts out on the beach, but couldn't go without sunglasses, so I just had to be blind. Yeah, that was not so fun.

And now it's time to go to sleepy-town....

No comments: