Sunday, July 16, 2006

So, I bought a car yesterday...

...and I get it tomorrow. This is a HUGE thing for me bec I had the Ranger for over 7 years. I don't rush into buying cars, as you guys well know - I've been contemplating this decision for about 4 years, and I finally did it.

Anyway, so what did I get? I got a new Honda Accord Coupe in white, 4 cyl, EX with leather. My only concern was that I wanted heated seats to make the winter more bearable, so now I have them. If I didn't have the wedding to pay for, I think I would have gotten an Acura TL or a Lexus IS 250 (or 350), but c'est la vie.

Anyway, Ben says people have been asking, so I'll say it on here: invitations will be sent out this week. I've been working on them when I get free time and I hope to finish today. My etiquette guide says you're supposed to send them out 6 weeks before the wedding, but since some people have to travel, I'm sending them out 8 weeks before. Crazy. We're getting married in 8 weeks and I don't even have a florist. Oh, yeah - and just to let everyone know why I'm being tacky and printing the envelopes - my handwriting sucks. I wrote the first one out, it looked horrible so I showed it to Ben and explained the situation, and we both agreed that they should be printed instead no matter what the rule is.

I think I'm gonna take a day off this week and Mom is going to come in so we can plan my family shower (and hopefully get a few things done for the wedding, too). That'll be fun! We've picked Aug. 12th for that. Jess & K and I discussed a friend one, and I think we'll do that on Aug. 26th. I'm so excited!

We've been trying to decide if we wanted to have anything for anyone who might want to come in a day early or leave late-ish - like a cookout or a dinner/lunch/some other event/etc, but we don't think anyone is going to come in early or stay a day late, so I guess we won't do that. For those that are staying at the site, there is a breakfast but we have to leave by 10AM (I think) so that will be rushed.

We had dinner at two new places this weekend - Blue Water on Friday night and Fox Cay last night. Bluewater (not sure if one word or two) was FABULOUS! Seared tuna appetizer came with thinly sliced cucumber - who knew that cucumber was so wonderful in wasabi & soy? I never thought to take it out of the sushi and eat it on its own. I had Grouper Piccata which was pretty good, but Ben had some sort of pesto flavored fish which was addicitive. Anyway, we recommend that one. Fox Cay was pretty cool, too. It used to be a horrible restaurant at a great location - it's on the water at the marina in Harrison. Crazy cool decks - just a great feel to it. Glad to know the food is much better now.

Well, my list of things to do is growing out of my control, so I guess I should stop typing and get some work done. It's been a whirlwind weekend. :-( Wish I could stop time so that I could get these other things accomplished.

No comments: