Monday, July 31, 2006

A Eulogy...

It is with much grief and sorrow that I accept the loss of dear friends today. Yesterday, in a horrific accident capable of snapping one in two, the pair of friends were lost. It will take some time to recover from this terrible loss.

Yes, I loved my summer buddies. We hung out several times a week all spring & summer long for years - when the weather turned sour, they went their way and I went mine until we were reunited once again as the grass turned green and the tulips bloomed. They stood with me throughout boyfriends...throughout long hours hunched over Autocadd and the CAPM....throughout domestic trips and abroad...throughout stormy moments and sunny days.

Yes, I am going to miss my favorite black flip flops. Yes, indeed.

So, yesterday we came off the lake and I drove immediately to the grocery store. In a bathing suit and cover up, red nosed and on fire from the heat, I entered the grocery store to get items needed for tacos. Two steps into the grocery store, the left black flip flop toe thong broke in half. I attempted to walk in them anyway which was a complete and total failure. I pondered going home to get new shoes, but ultimately decided that I live in Soddy Daisy and that I am not going to get thrown out of the grocery store if I walk around it barefoot. I was so uncomfortable - it was beyond embarrassing. No joke, I walked around the entire grocery store with no shoes on. The worst part was getting the white american from the deli - because the deli is right by the front entrance and it took what seemed like a decade - and every 10 seconds someone entered the store looking me up and down. Yes, I was Soddy Daisy trash yesterday. Good times, good times.

Oh, so we went to dinner at a new place (new to us) on Fri with Amy & Chris. The Meeting Place was ok. I had some sort of potato crusted trout and Ben had lamb. Ben's was pretty good - mine was "eh". But I have to postscript with the fact that I'm not actually a huge fish person (yet have found delightful dishes at other restaurants). We will go back bec the atmosphere was fun and there are plenty of other items to try.

I'm still craving a repeat visit to Bluewater.

No comments: