Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Weddings! Weddings! Weddings all around!

I've got wedding on the brain - partly bec I've been to three and a reception in the past 7 or so weeks and am going to another this weekend.

Bobby's getting married! And to a great girl!

(Bobby is my brother for anyone who doesn't know.)

Anyway, I've mentioned before that I will be cutting it close - my flight arrives at 3:36 and the wedding is 45 mins away at 5:30. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get stuck in the air, circling Dallas. I think I'm gonna have to take a cab to Garland bec I don't want to make Mom and Dad late for the wedding. They definitely need to be there on time even if I'm not.

I will be on a tee-iny plane which is interesting. It's so small that I picked a seat on the right side of the plane because there's only one seat on the right side of the plane and I'd really rather not have to sit by anyone. Tiny.

So, for the MBA, I'm pretty sure I only have 2 tests left, one of which is tomorrow. So, I left work a bit early to come home and study....and it's now 7 PM and I've yet to study. I think I actually left work a bit early bec I truly needed some Stacey time at home by myself. I turned off my cell phone, there has been no tv, I took a nap, I didn't go work out, and I just lounged. I tried on my dress and it is amazing - I love it so much. *insert tangent* I'm not sure why I keep thinking that maybe I want a different one - this one really suits me and my personality. I saw a girl on theknot the other day that wore the same dress for her wedding...that was kind of cool. With as many choices as there are out there to see someone random wearing my dress is sort of neat. *Back to flow of thought* I've been listening to a bit of music trying to decide what to have played pre-ceremony and while I walk down the aisle - I think I've decided on a recessional. I petted the cat and I looked through a Pottery Barn catalogue. Just quiet stacey stuff. All afternoon. It's been nice.

I'm wondering how long it's going to take me to walk down the aisle. I have a few pieces in mind now (real pieces - not the police or the pretenders or some such) but I'm not sure how long it will take.

I have decided that my favorite piece of music - going back to that guy and Every Little Thing She Does is Magic from a few weeks ago - is the slow part from Jupiter of Holst's The Planets. Some music really strikes me and that is a piece that always does. What is great about that piece - and I do believe that Jupiter is the bringer of Jollity - is that I always imagine a huge party going on. And when it gets to the slow part, I always think that everyone is getting tired at that point or there's a serious conversation going on between two people amongst all of this gaeity or the host is giving a sentimental, thankful speech - I seem to make up some new scenario everytime I listen to it...but then the party picks up again. Anyway, I always tear up during the slow part - it is so amazing. If you've not heard it, I highly recommend it. Probably the most famous piece from The Planets, though, is Mars - but I'm not too keen on Mars. He's the bringer of war, I think, and it's a very war like piece. The Planets is sort of the basis for most modern movie music, and you can definitely hear it in Mars - everytime I hear the music from The Gladiator I think "Oh...it's Mars...shoot...no it's not...it's The Gladiator music...fooled again!"

I have to start deciding on the little picky details of the wedding now. This is way harder than picking the big stuff, I think. Or maybe it's just difficult bec I want a few non traditional things - like the fact that we have no attendants. Now I'm starting to think that if there are no attendants, there will be no ushers and thus everyone trying to get into chairs will be chaotic. Also, since there will only be two chairs on each side all of the way down, what if someone is single? Who will they sit with? And with Mom telling me that so many more people are coming, can we even still do it on the balcony like we want? Or will the people in the back get upset bec they are so far away? K says to have the late arrivers just stand in the back - if the number gets too bad, I may just do that. (Ben suggested we just have the late arrivers stay down on the lawn and watch from there even though they won't be able to hear.) Also, since there are no attendants and I'm walking down the aisle by myself, and since I hadn't planned on having the parents walk out in front of me or any of that nonsense, how do I reserve seats for them? How long do I have music playing before the wedding? How do I word the RSVP's? What do I put on the program? What do I do about table linens? What do I do about centerpieces? I actually have some ideas about most of this stuff, I just haven't 100% decided on anything.

Anyway, there are many, many questions still left unanswered. Ben would say that I'm stressing out - but he doesn't know me very well apparenatly bec I'm not - working out all of these little details is a game for me - a fun way to spend my time thinking. (I spend enough time thinking about serious things like how a turbine works or how to calculate modified NPV.) For the first time in a long time, I'm really interested in this thing - and I want to start working out all of these details right now...it'll be fun. Hehe...but I'm just putting off studying.

And on that note, I guess I'll go...go study that is...

No comments: