Thursday, May 04, 2006

Still sick...yuck!

The final was pretty tough, but I still managed an A. Hooray for me! I was a little worried those first ten minutes, though, which is really strange for me - but I was also on Benadryl and having a hard time concentrating.

Only two more to go!

So, I guess I sorta did some wedding stuff today. Got my hair done and J did my hair in loose wavy curls. It looks cool and Ben liked it. I may have her do something similar for the wedding.

Also, I talked to the baker again. Must make deposit soon for that. That's something I've been holding off on these days - making deposits. After April's crisis, I just don't want to spend anymore money on the wedding.

Although, I must say that things seem to be better, so that's good.

What else? Oh, yeah, Ben and I were sitting on the deck and Roger, the neighbor, came over and talked with us for a bit. It was nice - it started raining pretty heavily but we were under the umbrella of the patio furniture - I really adore when I can enjoy a rainstorm. Anyway, Roger and his sons have a dj business, so we talked with him about doing that for us for the wedding. He gave us a price which was awesome. So, yeah...think we'll get him to do that.

Oh - bad news - I found out a girl that I went to college with died suddenly this week. I knew her fairly well but we didn't keep in touch or anything. I feel so bad for her family - she had a 4 month old son. Her husband must be devastated right now. It had me thinking about mortality a bit - and about how inconsequential most things are. I hope I can one day - and boy will I ever try my hardest from now on - live by "Don't sweat the small stuff."

How eloquent am I? Hehe.

Oh, my gosh...I watched The Chronicles of Narnia last night and it was fabulous. What a wonderfully amazing movie it was! I cannot believe that I never was able to get past the first 20 pages as a child.

I've only just begun Midnight, and am already adding tons of books to the "want to read" list. I think I'll add the Narnia series to it, as well. I guess when I finish school I can get to all of these. Until then, I'll continue slowly trudging through. That sounds negative, but I do enjoy reading - it's just a time management issue.

Maybe if I weren't wasting time blogging.....

No comments: