Sunday, April 30, 2006

Finished Memoirs yesterday. Looking over the abrupt and rather disappointing end, it was a pretty good book. I picked up Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil yesterday. Probably won't get to start it for a few days, though, with the final coming up. Heather was reading it a few weeks ago as she and Hugh are going to Savannah this summer, and it reminded me that I've always wanted to read it - especially after I went to Savannah myself. Savannah is a really pretty town - there is this one wrought iron gate entering one of the gardens (don't bother asking me where bec the squares get rather confusing) shaped like an orange tree...quite remarkable! I recommend trying to find it if you're going to Savannah. I also recommend taking along better company than I! Hehe.

Once again, it's a busy week. Ben tells me I should stop being so personal on here even though I don't believe anyone knows my last name or address and well, my name is pretty common anyway. I know there are at least several of us in Chatty. Anyway, I guess I won't say what the busy week is all about until it's over...just in case someone is psychotically reading this blog in order to rob us or kill us or whatever psychos online do. I still think he has way worse personal info posted than I do, but whatever.

Ben is having a terrible allergy attack right now - I feel so bad for him. I, too, am not quite feeling myself, sneezing regularly with a constant sore throat. Ugh. Hope we feel better after our final on Tuesday. What sucks is that we have one weekend off and then start school again next week. I'm really tired of doing this - I am in such dire need of a vacation that I wanted to have one this week, but bec Ben will once again be in class four nights a week (God bless him and hope he can make it through 7 more weeks of this!) that is impossible. At least I can save up my leave for the honeymoon.

I've yet to study. The plan was to study all weekend, but I've not done any studying yet. I don't feel well and would rather try to make myself feel comfortable rather than study. The bright side of things is that this should be the third to last test I'll have to take for the MBA. I don't usually get test anxiety; instead I get anxious bec I put off studying. Does this make sense? It could be miscontrued as the same thing, but it's not. I get the test in front of me and I'm calm as calm can be. No worries. But leading up to the test - usually for at least a week - I'm anxious bec instead of doing whatever fun activity I'm doing, I know I should instead be studying.

Can anyone tell that I'm putting off studying by writing a purposeless blog?

I tried to show my mom this blog the last time she was in town, and she said the funniest thing - "I'm like Granny...I don't like that internet." What?! I have so many problems with that sentence - "that internet" in and of itself is hilarious - but I wish she would get over her fear of learning - not to mention realize that not just 12 year olds use it - and check it out. It would actually be a bad thing if she did have any knowledge of the power of the internet bec I fear what she would read, what and who she would research, and most importantly what sort of incorrect ideas she would take away from it. I've had to deal with her overwhelmingly false view of the world for many years and I guess it could be worse if she was exposed to more information. She often says to me, "I wonder whatever happened to *insert person from past here*?" If she only knew that an entire world was at the tip of her fingers....

Ugh! My throat hurts!

No comments: