Friday, April 14, 2006

Get a blog!

NPR All Things Considered ran a story last night on the guy who wrote that college textbook On Good Writing: How to Write Non-Fiction or whatever that book is called. He was talking about how everyone wants to write their memoir and how terrible most of it is. He said that what separates the bad from the good memoir is the ability to see some light and grow from the experience. I say for everyone who hasn't yet moved on...get a blog!

So, today is Good Friday and the entire country has a holiday but those of us who work for the government...so I'm here...and I'm packing up. T minus 4 hours until I'm no longer an engineer. There have been no tears...hehe.

We went to the Lookouts game last night...good times, good times. I'm so happy for spring and warm weather and baseball games and outside events.

We are going to see Heather on Sunday. I'm really happy for that bec we've not seen her since January. I miss her....we don't get to see her enough. Tomorrow, I might run a race...we'll see.

We seriously need to get some yard work done. Our yard needs to be cut, we need to till up and mulch some more areas, and we need to plant some more stuff. I say "stuff" bec I'm not sure what we should/want to plant. Last year Ben threw together some pots for the back deck and they survived, so we were excited for that. In one of them, we have a beautiful little white flowering plant (with pink stripes). Last year it never flowered and it was such a pleasant surprise to see the blooms emerge a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure what it is, but it's brilliant right now.

All right...I guess I better get back to packing up....

No comments: