Thursday, April 20, 2006

Let's play a game called "Guess what I just ate"!

Anyone? Anyone?

That's right...I just ate wedding cake samples.

Apparently shopping for a wedding cake is a rather tasty treat in the whole wedding experience. Especially for someone with as big of a sweet tooth as mine! I don't know what I was thinking but I know I was not expecting two little 8 inch cakes to sample for free - that's awesome. So this baker is amazing, but I don't think I'd shop around for another baker anyway...bec I would get too much free cake!

So should I divulge the winner? (Or at least the winner in my book since Ben hasn't tried it yet, but since he doesn't even like cake - yes we're doing pumpkin pies in lieu of a groom's cake - I'm thinking my pick is it.)

While I was waiting I browsed through some wedding cake magazines and there was this one...so scary...so macabre! It was iced in a sort of ivory "bone" color and had two skeletons on the top. It said "Till death do us part" on the bottom! Kinda creepy but totally cool (for the right couple...ahem, that is not this couple).

I was gong to have her do a blueberry filled sample but on second thought I decided it would clash horribly with my colors. It's a shame...I like blueberry.

So I had my last Portfolio Management class last night. I loved that class and Dr. Long, too. We had to take a picture and then after we went to Chili's for dinner. There were some really cool people in that class. One guy's wife is a cheerleader for the Atlanta Falcons. Another guy is from Zimbabwe. He is so interesting to talk to. What a Prince Charming, too! We ended the night at The Hair of the Dog Pub and we didn't get home until 1:30. Geez, I was tired today.

Paul's wife came to Chili's too - she is super cute. I hope they can come out on the boat with us sometime.

Talked with Dr. L about getting my doctorate. I'm not sure he'll write me a good recommendation now that he knows how liberal I am! :-)

So has anyone seen the new Lean Cuisine panini's? The southwestern one is awesome but I'm trying the chicken and spinach right now and it's a little iffy.

Today the Tour de Georgia came rolling by the complex during lunch. Cool huh? Jess and Ben and I hung out and watched. Unfortunately it was only time trials - I was a little disappointed when I found that out ...I wanted to see a pelaton!

So all that's left is the completion of one case and then one final. Poor Ben will have it rough these next couple of weeks...but at least he's only got 3 more classes to go after this semester.

Job is going well. I'm really liking it. It is amazing what and how much I've learned this first week. The electric utility business is quite interesting.

No comments: