Tuesday, April 18, 2006

What do I do with Verbena?

This is the second year in a row that I'm killing it. Anyone? Erin, I know you read this sometimes....any thoughts on what to do with verbena? I left it in the full sun and watered it but not too frequently. My Southern Living gardening book didn't say anything about cutting the blooms...do I do that? I only had it a week and it started looking sour.

My new favorite month is April. Earlier I realized how much I love spring. I'm not sure if this is just a particularly beautiful one, but it has been such a perfect April weather-wise. Our plants are all growing...even the petunias (which is funny since those are annuals)...everything is beautiful right now.

Hmmm...so we went to Heather's on Sunday and that was nice. I had not seen Hugh since last summer, I don't think. Hugh is such an interesting fellow - he's so smart. Everytime he's around I try to take everything in.

Started the new job yesterday and I have been so extremely busy which is great. Learning all the details of the entire system...it's a bit overwhelming right now, but really interesting.

So, I said that I wasn't going to do anything more for the wedding until at least July, but I couldn't help stopping back by the bakery on Friday afternoon - I was in the neighborhood. We discussed and I think we can get something that I like but not exactly what I want for a reasonable price. I'm tired of compromising, though. I compromised on the date, on the dress, on the photographer, and now on the cake. Anyway, I'm picking up the samples on Thursday...here's hoping they're good.

I really only stopped bec I was craving cake...not bec I really wanted to talk about wedding stuff. I did try a buttercream petit four (spelling?) and it was quite nice.

I guess it's time for bed...I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure about the Verbena. I think I've had it in a pot before, but I don't remember anything about it specifically.
Erin