Monday, April 24, 2006

Nobody else here...no one like me...

...I'm special (Special)...so special (Special)...I gotta have some of your attention...give it to me!

So, I was toying with the idea of walking down the aisle to The Pretenders. Hehe. Ben says he prefers "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic", which could be construed as a very sweet thing to say, but he just knows I really like the song.

It's funny how random people can impact your life. A few years ago at the beg of the MBA program, I had to make a video for a group project. Nate made the cd with the music (it was a golf themed video, thus he got Caddy Shack for me) but added a bunch of songs to the cd that he knew I loved. Nate was cool that way. Anyway, so we took the unedited video and music to some video dept at the university who edited it for us. The guy was saying that we should put some different music on there (besides C-Shack) and listened to the rest of the cd I had brought. When "With or Without You" started playing I said, "Best song ever" bec well, I've always said that. The guy replied, "No, it's number 3." Hehee...I've always gotten a kick out of that...I mean, who really keeps a list of the best songs ever? Well, apparently he did. So, I asked what was No. 1 and he said "EveryLlittle Thing She Does is Magic" without hesitation and since then, I've loved the song...even though I had never really paid any attention to it before that moment.

Anyway, I then "introduced" Ben to it - I put that in quotes bec obviously he had heard it a gazillion times before just as I had, but he had never really listened to it before just like I never had. So, we went through a Sting/Police phase for a bit, and thus he suggested that I walk down the aisle to it. Obviously not the Police version, but maybe if we can find some instrumental version that doesn't sound too elevator-ish.

I insist that Ring of Fire be played at the reception at some point. I mean, c'mon...how appropriate is that? Plus, I guess it would be on my top ten list if I were dorky enough to have one. Hehe. But I don't...bec I'm not a dork. I swear. :-)

I guess we don't really have "a song". When we first started dating Ben sang John Mayer's "City Love" to me one night, and it was rather sweet...so I guess that would be the closest thing we have to "our song". He always says he thinks of me when he hears it. I've always liked that one Jack Johnson song - is it called "Better When We're Together"? - but I'm not sure if Ben even knows it.

Anyway, so at about 1PM yesterday, I realized that the site was having a luncheon that I had RSVP'd to for contracted people to try the catering. It started at 2. Ben was at work working on school stuff (finals week), but he had agreed to go and I was happy when he still wanted to go. So, we went and tried the catering and oh my gosh it was unbelievable! So that made for a very happy Stacey (and surprisingly a quite happy Ben, as well). Mmmm...the best part was an appetizer (which I don't think we'll have since ours is sit down, not hors doerves) - it was on a toothpick - mozzarella marinated in basil oil with cherry tomatoes and black olives. Yummy. It made me think of Positano bec you see that sort of tomato type dish everywhere there. We were pleased and stuffed when we left the site.

Ben went ga-ga over the lamb with mint jelly...I was fond of the salmon (even though I'm not usually a fish person)...wild rice dish was excelente and stuffed mushrooms were quite delicious too (although not quite as good as the recipe Erin gave me years ago).

Then I proceeded to AT and AT Loft and spent over $500. Crazy. Cute shoes, skirts, shirts, shrugs (yes, I finally found not one but two that looked good on me!), etc were purchased. It might have been a bit of "retail therapy" as I've not exactly felt myself these last few weeks.

K's announcement was in the newspaper yesterday! She and B looked so cute! The wedding is coming up so quickly.

So, I've had the laziest week ever. I think me not feeling myself is corrupting my fairly healthy lifestyle. I have been eating horribly and well, I have not worked out since last Monday. That is insane. Crazy how working out makes you feel so much better - it's an anti-depressant - and now that I don't feel quite right, I stopped going and it's probably compounding the problem. Anyway, I'm going tonight...maybe going to Livewell will help me bounce back.

No comments: