Sunday, April 09, 2006

Paul was such a happy groom!

I did feel quite awkward, though. But Paul sent his sister over to talk to me and she was extremely nice. And living in such a small town, of course there was someone there I know. So, I talked with him and his family for awhile - they were a fun group.

Afterwards, continuing with my awkwardness, I went to the Chattanoogan and had a beer by myself at the bar. That was strange...I've never done that before. Anytime I've ever been someplace like that, I was waiting on someone else to arrive or some such. I think it's good for me to get out on my own like that a bit...instead of being a hermit if none of my friends are available. It's a shame, though...I was too early and there was no one to buy my beer for me! :-)

Anyway, so things went pretty well for Paul, but it turned quite cold right before the wedding (which was outside on the grounds looking at the river - ours will be up on the balcony instead if there are few enough people - and if it's still on). It never rained which was really good, but I, along with the majority of the women there, had chosen to wear a strapless dress - we were eyeing the men in suits with a desire to steal! Paul's wife was quite cute and she did such a lovely job with all of the planning. I appreciate her help with mine - she's definitely someone to take advice from.

I had a very difficult week. I'm not sure who all reads this - there have been several friends who have mentioned it - but just a forewarning that I might start another blog for my closest friends to read. Some things just can't be said to the general public and because of this I'm leaving off the details of the very difficult week. If I do start another blog for just random thoughts and leave this one just for wedding talk, I'll let those of you who have told me that you read this know what the new address is. We could be cool and trendy and all join myspace! I don't quite get myspace, though...but then again I'm not 16 either.

Hmmm...what else? I had a nice day yesterday. I bought new tennis shoes - boy did I ever need those. I go to this cool little running store here in town and they "fit" you for your shoes. They look at your wear pattern, they watch you walk and they look at the arch on your foot, then pick the most appropriate style from each shoe company for you to try on. I swear by this service. When I began running, I went through pair after pair after pair after pair of tennis shoes and nothing seemed right - I always blistered. Then one day I heard about this store and I went and bought *the* shoes. New Balance. I had always passed by NB bec I thought they didn't look "cool" enough....boy was I ever stupid! New Balance style number 766 in combination with Nike Dri-Fit mesh sock = a VERY happy running Stacey. I've never since had a blister. So, now when I go back to them - and yes I am loyal even though I could probably get the shoes for a whole lot cheaper at some random chain - I don't go through the whole walk/let them look at my arch thing. They still look at my wear pattern and they still tell me that they either think I should go up or down a size and what not....and I continue to buy the NB 766's. As long as I live in Chattanooga, I'll buy my shoes there.

I was pretty bad, actually...they say to go about 500 miles and then buy new shoes. The guy yesterday said the rule is actually 350 - 500. I've had that last pair for over 2 years...yuck...I'd say a conservative guess would be that I've run a minimum of 1200 miles in those. He said that once you start breaking down that middle part you expose yourself to joint pain in the knees and ankles. I'm anxious to give my new pair a go - probably not today bec I have a list of things I'd like to get accomplished - but tomorrow.

I also made it to Mia Cucina (the local cooking store) and Cynthia Howell's (the local stationer) and then I went to my chain for the day - Lowe's. I'm quite excited for spring and flowers and planting! So it's on my list to make a few decisions today and go back and buy and plant some things. I'll probably hit a nursery today, though. Those plants at Lowe's didn't look very nice.

Friday night - Las Vegas and Conviction were watched. We had terrible storms in TN that night - the whole state was in a tornado warning. I hear Gallatin got hit by some tornadoes - must call Mom today to make sure the fam is ok. And bec of all of this, with about 5 mins remaining on Las Vegas, the weather guy interrupted and I didn't get to see what happened! :-( So, I guess we'll have to download that one. I read that Conviction might get cancelled. That also gets a frowny face. :-( I really like that show.

I also read the other day that for every 2 hours of tv you watch per day, you have a 23% better chance of being obese.

Things have been rough lately, and I've been biting my fingernails again. They look rough. It's strange how a habit dies, but can start up again so quickly.

Anyway, it's been a nice weekend. I'm looking forward to more nice relaxing quiet Stacey time again today. Looking ahead at the week, things look ok. Have to go to class both nights this week, but nothing is due. I think there is actually only one more week of class after this week before finals start. That's comforting. Only two more classes left after these next few weeks are over and I'll officially have a Masters. Oh, and this is my final week in engineering at work. I started cleaning my cube out on Friday and had lunch with the new group for a member's b'day. They are quite nice.

No comments: