Saturday, February 11, 2006

Can we incorporate paper lanterns....

...when we're getting married in a spanish hacienda style house? We both love them...we're gonna try to make them work. Somehow. I bought some tonight and am now experimenting with how long the batteries work in them. We're over 4 hours at this point.

Thursday's thing went well, I think.

Meeting with prospective photographer tomorrow...I hope I don't forget. She's on the top of Signal Mountain....let's hope for no snow/ice/sleet/whatever.

Meeting the gay guy florist on Thursday evening. I can't wait to meet him. I'm excited to start getting ideas about my bouquet.

We picked up the contract yesterday for the site and brought chairs up to the balcony where we want to do it, and looks like that will work just great. We were both very excited for that. I'm so excited in general for the site, but have to say that I think the chairs suck. Sooooo.....my budget is probably going up so that I can rent cuter chairs. Is this pathetic? I'm not sure if I'm being snobby or what. I just never imagined the chairs of the guests at my wedding looking quite like what is used at the TN River Place.

Thinking about going to ATL to wedding dress shop next weekend. Wanted to go today to just shop in general (Anthropologie has some really cute spring dresses and skirts out right now) and to register at C&B. Must get a few things there, and then will do remainder of stuff at BB&B. Anyway, back to wedding dress shopping...WHERE AM I GOING TO FIND THIS SEXY LOWCUT DRESS????

Ok...even though this blog is about the wedding, I guess I should talk about other things, too. I made Ben watch Lost in Translation tonight. He liked it and that made me happy. This has happened with most movies I've made him watch, actually. Hehe.

We also watched The Dukes of Hazzard movie today. Hmmm.....what to say? Um....I guess it wasn't completely terrible. I guess.

We have to watch In Her Shoes next. This was of course my pick...but I'm not sure why. I read Good In Bed by J. Weiner over Christmas and wasn't too pleased with it. I have to say for those who don't know me too well that I only have time to read while on the elliptical and the stairclimber...so that's about 45 mins or so 3 times a week...so I HAVE to read fluff. Books that make me think just make the workout miserable. Anyway, let me say that reading about a very unhappy fat girl is not my idea of fun during a workout. I work very hard to be/stay thin, and absolutely hate listening to anyone complain about being overweight when they don't do anything about it. So, having said all of that, I'm not sure why I got the movie...bec I think it's once again another book by J. Weiner about a fat girl.

I'm actually looking for the next good fluff book to read during workouts...throughout January I was stuck with updates on Brad & Angelina in US Weekly. Must get to the bookstore, soon.

Ok...I'm rambling...the cat is staring at me...I think he wants to play....

No comments: