Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm so tired of studying...

...both today and in life in general. When will all of this education end? In August, I finish the MBA, but shouldn't I take the PE after that? That's gonna be hard core studying for at least 4 months. I've read that you should study 40 hours a week every week for 4 months to prepare for the PE. That's a big commitment. I just can't wait for all of this stuff to be over and done with.

It's sort of funny that I complain about it, though, seeing how as I really want to pursue a doctorate someday. I really won't mind that...bec with the doctorate I will not be working full time and then going to school at night. Nope, I will just be dedicated to the doctorate...for 5 years. Hopefully, it will be worth it. I never would have thought 10 years ago that I might pursue a doctorate in business...I was such a little engineer back then. Well, maybe not yet...I was actually still in high school ten years ago right now...and didn't even know that I was going to get an eng. undergrad degree. Crazy how things turn out.

So, yeah, I have my 10 year high school reunion this year. So does Ben. He doesn't want to go to his, but we'll probably go to mine. It's actually really bad timing for us, since they will probably occur right when we're at our busiest this summer...and since we both live in towns that we didn't grow up in and will have to travel to get to them. At least we're not too far away.

Speaking of "home", I miss Nashville quite a bit....this has been building for about 6 months, now. I have been wanting to move home...weird, huh? I know that I won't - life isn't taking me there right now - but sometimes, I just wish I could go back. Also, I've been thinking lately that I would love to move to Atlanta....but again, life is not taking me there right now. Where are these thoughts coming from? I guess Chattanooga is getting a bit old.

I am going to purchase my second item from ebay today. I'm a bit reluctant to "ebay" as I feel it's America's big yard sale (at least for anything that I might purchase). But today there is something that I want and I'm going to try to get it. The first thing I bought was some Crate and Barrel dishes a few months ago. They arrived fine and what not, but I thought it was weird how the social aspects of the whole thing worked. The woman pretty much said "You need to leave positive feedback for me in so many days or I am going to leave bad feedback about you. If you leave bad feedback, I will also leave bad feedback." Hmm....it seems to me like no one would ever really want to leave bad feedback bec then that person is going to turn around and leave bad feedback for you therefore, how can you really trust anyone? In the C&B dish woman's case, it seemed as if I was being threatened into leaving her outstanding feedback, when she only did the minimum required....which seems silly. Those are just my thoughts though...and what do I know? Apparently, there are a whole lot of people that live by ebay.

Hopefully, my second attempt will be a better experience.

Ok, so I was super lazy yesterday and didn't order the invites or contact the photog. But that's ok...we still have over 6 months to prepare for the wedding. Currently, I have 2 very big things going on this week...and I need to focus on them.

Aggregate planning can get very confusing at times.

And lastly, I cannot believe it is 5 already....it's been a short day...but thank goodness it's almost March and that it's still light out until after 6PM. I think we're supposed to have some nice weather in the next few days....in the 70's, maybe? Yea! I can't wait for spring and cute skirts, dresses, sandals, etc.

No comments: