Friday, February 03, 2006

Hmmm....planning...

Well, I wonder if anyone will actually ever read this? I've been meaning to post more pics to the blog, but life is so busy with work, grad school, and of course wedding planning. We have the location picked out, as you guys have seen on theknot, but we've not actually signed the contract yet. This would be because I would like to at least try the caterer's food before we sign a contract since he is the only option. I'm sure it will be wonderful, but I'd still like to give it a go.

Geeeeezzzzz....photographers are expensive...especially the photojournalist kind. I talked with a guy the other day and he talked FOREVER about how to be a true photojournalist not one single pic would be posed. Hmmm...he's got a point. I guess I do want some posed shots, too...just not "Here are Ben and Stacey with Ben's dad" and "Here are Ben and Stacey with Ben's mom" and "Here are Ben and Stacey with Stacey's parents"...that is so dull. We are looking at a photographer that is quite expensive here in town...you can see a bit of his work at our location at www.tennesseeriverplaceportfolio.com . He's amazing...just awesome. But VERY expensive just for the photography...absolutely nothing is included. Some friends recommended him...so I'm waiting to see their photos to make sure that he's worth the money. Otherwise, Chatty is quite limited in its photography options....pretty much everything else sucks. Well, that one guy that was so nice on the phone was ok...but just ok. Not amazing. Looks like I'll be spending a ton on photography. :-)

Hmm...what else? Well, today I discovered while looking at a pic of Carolyn Bessette Kennedy in her bridal gown (was checking it bec I've always loved it...it's almost exactly what I'm thinking I'm going to have made) that she and I have the same b'day. I thought that was pretty cool... and then I read the caption on the pic...Carolyn and JFK Jr. got married on Sept. 21st, as well. It kind of creeped me out a bit. So, anyway...if Ben takes flying back up, I am NEVER going to fly with him. Never. I swear I'm not being silly. If I did the probability correct, then there's only a 1 in 133,225 chance that we'd be born on the say day and randomly choose the same wedding day. Who knows what it would be if I added the both blonde and blue-eyed, thing. Hehe. I guess the similarities stop there, though, huh? I'm not exactly a 6 foot tall, cocaine snorting ex Calvin Klein model that is marrying the most eligible bachelor in the country (sorry, Ben!). Anyway, I still thought that was interesting.

Ok, having said all of that, I have to run to a hair appt.

No comments: