Thursday, February 23, 2006

More random thoughts...

1. I never remembered what the last thing on the list was from yesterday.
2. I did run last night and had a great 5k. I've been running longer these days...after the 5k, I continue to run for a total of 45 mins...so it averages about 5.5 miles. It feels great. But the real part of the story is that I *finally* got a new book this week...so no more Brangelina reading in US Weekly, thank goodness. I got Memoirs of a Geisha. It's pretty long, and since I'm running longer and not on the stairclimber as much, I think it's going to take me awhile. I hope it's good...at the bookstore, the first paragraph captivated me even though I'm not usually too interested in Asian culture...so we'll see how it goes.
3. Went to the CFA meeting today during lunch...that was really good. A VP from the Atlanta Fed spoke...he was quite interesting. I have encountered two Doctors of Economics recently, and they both have intrigued me....they are such unique people...I really enjoy hearing them speak.
4. I'm underbudget on cake & stationary...hooray! But I forgot to budget tax on the site, so they cancel out.
5. Ok...I was trying to keep my political opinions out of this blog...I mean, c'mon, it's a blog about a wedding...but all I can say is: Damn the South Dakota legislature. Damn them. This country is going downhill...we are moving back in time. Ok, before I get too angry, I will let it go.
6. It could be worse...I could live in Darfur or the Congo.
7. Speaking of Africa, did I already mention in the blog before that The Constant Gardener is a superb movie?
8. And finally, I am going to buy Girl Scout cookies this afternoon. Yes, after my rant about health and working out and what not last week, I am caving in to the goodness of thin mints. Mmm....I LOVE thin mints. I can't wait. At least I'm going to run again tonight...I deserve a sleeve or two of Thin Mints after that! :-)

No comments: