Sunday, February 26, 2006

Mmmmmm....I finally got some thin mints!

Ok...so Anthropologie is killing me right now...they have about $1500 worth of skirts and dresses that I'm dying for. Ugh. Don't they know I have a wedding to pay for? I can't go on a shopping spree right now...they are just evil to introduce the best spring/summer collection ever this year. Evil, I say!

Also, I was an idiot last night...but, all I can say is: good times, good times.

Still no studying done for the test. I am being a bad MBA student this weekend. I think that I actually only have 4 tests left total. 2 for the prods/ops apps class and 2 for the elective I'll take in the first summer term. That last class in the second summer term is a business simulation class and I'm pretty sure that there are no tests in it. Thank goodness I'm so close...I've about had it with test taking. I really, really need a break.

Mom and Natie came down yesterday...that was fun. We took him to the aquarium. That new part with the butterflies is really cool....I think he had a really great time. He's so big now...inches taller than me. He looks like he's about 14 or 15, not 11. He's a really good kid...he opened doors for me..I thought that was very sweet and good training. Of course he takes after his aunt Stacey....hehe...he's very smart. I was quizzing him on the elements....he did very well, identifying Fe, Au, and others. He knew the way the periodic table worked with reactive versus non reactive and understood electrons and valences and what not. I was quite impressed.

I've been thinking the last few days about how you have such a little amount of time to make an impression on people. Sometimes, it's a really short time in respect to your lifetime...it might actually be a year that you have to make your impression (or several years for that matter), but you screw it up...or circumstances are weird...or your connection to that other person is through a link that isn't good. I'm not sure that I'm explaining myself properly. I guess what I've been thinking about is how I have at certain times in my life been a spoiled brat. Not a spoiled brat in the sense that I was monetarily taken care of and expected things to be bought for me. No, I actually mean "spoiled brat" in the sense that I was careless, insensitive, and totally self involved. During these times I have obviously encountered many people...close friends, friends of friends, and complete and total random strangers. What must some of these people thought of me??? I can only imagine. I also can only imagine what they tell others. I cringe at the thought of my ex boyfriend telling his wife some stories about his past relationship...she probably thinks I was a horrid witch bec I broke up with him over the phone. I think I'm a horrid witch for having broken up with him over the phone! Anyway,I have made a decision to try to make amends for those broken relationships...at least the ones that I can fix. I am not going to seek people out, but if I should happen to encounter them, I am going to apologize for my wrongdoings. I feel certain the Stacey that I am now leaves a much better impression than that one from a few years ago...at least I hope so. I like to think that all these years I've been kind hearted for the most part...so hopefully even with my not so good moments, others at least saw that come through.

Hehehehe...it kinda sounds like that Earl show, only a little less proactive.

No comments: