Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Cat is Crazy....seriously.

Yesterday, I had to take Mika to the vet. That part of the day sucked, as Mika is not a good car traveler. However, he did pretty well this trip...there was no puking or other uncontrollable bodily functions that messed up his carrier. I had to take Mika to the vet not for his yearly visit, but rather bec we're having a problem. It seems the cat has of late been excessively cleaning his paws...to the point that he's losing his fur on them. Now, anyone who knows me well knows the whole "how I got Mika" story, and knows that he had a severe case of ringworm (from ears to tip of tail, not joking). So, I was a little concerned that somehow the ringworm had healed but laid dormant for all of these years, returning only about a month ago. Well, the vet checked him out and the black light showed no signs of ringworm. So, she said that it can be one of two things: 1) the cat has developed some allergy (I use the word "developed" bec as far as I can remember, there have been no changes in his diet or surroundings, or 2) the cat is obsessive compulsive, and it has only just started to show. First we have to try to treat the cat for allergies, and if it doesn't stop we know that the cat is actually crazy. I've been suspecting this all along...hehe. Anyway, she gave him a steroid shot and said to give him a week...noticing if he is going psycho on his paws still. Got him home, and apparently steroid shots make tiny cats really sick, bec he puked not once, but three times. Yes, three. Poor guy. Poor mommy for having to clean it up. Yuck. Anyway, here's hoping that he gets better and that he doesn't have to take prozac, like she said he might.

We had discussed before I left making a trip down to atl, and even though I felt really, really crappy when I came home, Ben still managed to convince me to go. So, off we went to Atlanta. I slept for most of the trip, after taking a couple of Benadryl before we left. We got there and I found cute silver sandals for the spring/summer, Ben bought some shoes/slacks, we registered at Crate and Barrel, and picked up a present for Kara and Brye at C&B. Had dinner at this place called Twist that Kara's friends had introduced me to while on my dress shopping trip to the atl a few weeks ago. Yummy. They do a pretty mean philadelphia roll there.

Speaking of wedding dresses....I had a horrible dream last night that I got my dress and it looked horrible on me. Now, I've tried the dress on, so you would think that this was a silly dream, but I awoke thinking, "well, they didn't exactly have my size when I tried it on, so what if I get the proper size and it doesn't look as good as I thought it would?" Anyway...we'll see.

Hooray! This is the beg of the week that I should receive my invites and my dress!!!!!

So, Ben had that horrible week last week with 2 tests, a take home test, and a 10 page paper all due, on top of having tons of work to do at work, right? Well, poor thing, the week actually got worse for him bec he had a terrible cold on top of it all. He hardly went to work last week. I felt so bad for him.

But, and hopefully I'm not sounding too selfish here, I knew that if he was sick, I was sure to get it. Yesterday, I felt horrendous. Today, I actually feel ok, but with that weird allergy related "feels like someone punched me in the face" symptom. It's annoying, but I can function as a normal being with it...the bad part of it is that I am pretty much certain of developing a sinus infection when I experience one of these. So, I hit the livewell this morning so that I could get in at least one good workout during the calm before the storm. I actually had a really great 5k, but limited myself to just 4.5 miles in total....just in case I was making myself worse by exerting too much energy. I did get on the stairclimber afterwards (ya know...to reach 700 cals), and read a bit of my book. I'm about a fifth of the way through it...and while I'm really interested in the story, I have a hard reading about undeserved punishments/slavery/being held captive/etc., and I am most definitely not fond of rape. Not that rape has been detailed thus far, but it's obviously going on and it makes me feel bad. Ben gets mad at me bec during most movies and most books, I say "I don't like this." He says I'm being negative. In actuality, if a book or movie can move me in such a way that I feel terribly, it probably means it's pretty good. Anyway, having said all of that, I don't know if this book is moving, but I do feel for the main character. Ben would say "It's just a book", but really these things did happen...so while it is fiction, it is fiction that represents what really went on...and that makes me sad...therefore I say that I don't like it.

When I don't have really big things going on during the week, I really like Sundays. Today is one of those likeable Sundays. I usually run out and do a little shopping, go to the grocery store, and then Ben and I usually cook dinner together. I'm not sure if we'll do that tonight or not, as the dishwasher pump seems to be inoperable at this time. Did I mention this in an earlier blog? The fact that I learned about dishwashers last week with a hands-on lesson? Good times, good times, let me tell ya. Anyway, typical Sunday here...lots of laundry to do...a little house cleaning...etc.

It was amazingly warm on Wednesday and Thursday of this week, which was awesome. I hope the weather turns back this week. It was so much fun to wear cute sandals and flip flops for a few days even if my feet weren't pedicured or blister proofed for it.

Anyway, I guess I'm rambling...I should probably go fold some clothes and clean a bit before heading out to run a few errands.....

No comments: