Thursday, March 16, 2006

I'm so tired of being lazy...

I do not understand how people can just go home after work...it is beyond me. Night no. 2 of going home was horrid. Absolutely horrid. I thought about renting some movies, but we owe quite a bit in late fees and it's Ben's turn to pay them so that idea was out. Then I thought about reading my book, but I always read when I'm working out, so it made me sad that I couldn't work out and that sort of ruined that whole idea. Obviously, I was without laptop, so playing online/wedding planning was out. So, I ate a bowl of cereal and sat down in front of the TV. All I can say is that there is nothing but crap on TV. TV is horrible, especially the 6-7PM range. Now, I must admit that after meeting Ben I started watching TV to a certain degree, but it's still not much and I'm quite picky. I could feel myself becoming less intelligent and my thighs getting larger last night. I do not know why anyone would subject their body to this physical and mental torture.

Do people really do this? Just go home and watch TV at night? I can't imagine...life has been so busy for so long, I just couldn't do that to myself.

What is this kid going to do tonight? Go work out. Yes, even though I am injured I'm still going to go. I can't take it any longer. My knee/leg is doing a bit better - I'm not limping when I walk anymore, but it feels like it could easily go back to being in pain. So, I've decided that I'm going to just get on the elliptical bec at least it's movement...it's much better than sitting on the couch.

While I had the TV on last night, that Biggest Loser show came on. I've always sort of liked that show. It usually comes on while I'm working out, so I'll take a peak at it now and again. I think it's really good for people that are probably just sitting at home doing nothing to watch those people. Last night while eating Reece's Pieces and sitting in the LaZBoy, I turned it on. How terrible is that???! I can see how easy it would be to gain tons of weight...I was so bored, eating the RP's sorta kept me entertained...this is frightening! I guess people just come home and eat while they stay sedentary after a full day of being sedentary at the office. Yikes! No wonder we have an obesity problem in this country!

So, after boredom and fright hit me, I decided that this lack of exercise cannot continue. I almost went to Livewell right at the moment. Here's hoping that I don't make my knee worse tonight. Anyone who reads this please have happy thoughts for the recuperation of my knee.

Ben comes home tomorrow...yea! I'm very excited for that, although I'm going to have a hard time giving up the parking place in the garage. It's supposed to be very pretty again tomorrow, I think, which is cool.

No comments: