Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

...would you be mine? Could you be mine?

Are those the proper lyrics? For some reason, that's what's in my head.

Ummm....what? Oh, yeah...I've been so busy this winter that I haven't had a chance to watch one basketball game. Not one. And now it's March and I'm screwed. So, I'm looking at the bracket during lunch and I'm a little nervous. I always get nervous, though...this is why I don't gamble, people...I mean it's 2 bucks - maybe 3 due to inflation in recent years - but still, 2 bucks...and I bite my nails over this stuff. It's not the money actually, it's just that I usually do pretty well (even won it a couple of years ago) so I always have this fear that I'm going to just bomb one year. Hopefully it's not this year. Or next. Or ever, actually. Hehe. Anyway....GOOOOOOOO UCONN!

Let's see...what else? Oh, yeah, B is still gone. :-( I'm really starting to miss him now. At first it was really nice with the house being quiet and all, but especially since I'm injured and couldn't work out last night and can't tonight and since I really can't think of anything else to do, I think I'll just go home to the quiet of the house tonight....which is a little sad without B. (whew...big breath...that was one long sentence.) Although Mika makes things lively. I think he misses B, too, bec he's been sitting in my lap these last few days, and he never does that. His play buddy hasn't attacked him in oh, I guess 4 or 5 days now. He snuck into our bedroom last night, which was pretty entertaining. I didn't make it to bed until late, and knew he was probably in there (he's never ever allowed in), but after an unsuccessful search for him I decided to just go to bed. Stealth and quiet, he walked around the room, but I could hear his little paws sink into the carpet. I sleep by the window and I opened my eyes to see him trying to quietly jump up on the ledge. Hehehe...it was pretty funny...he panicked! Oh, no, he was caught! Big huge frightened Mika eyes stared back at me as he darted under the bed. Goofy cat.

Updates on wedding stuff: I sent the deposit to the photographer today. Yea! We have a photographer for real, now.

I guess there aren't any other updates besides that. Big things left are 1) get dress altered, 2) pick someone for music, 3) pick food from caterer, 4) figure out who's gonna sit where, 5) figure out flowers/florist, 6) figure out cake/baker. Is that it? I dunno. Probably not.

It's really tough to pick out music to walk down the aisle to, isn't it? Obviously, I do not want to use a piece as trite as Canon in D (bleh!) or some such equivalent. But, even as much as I listen to classical music, it's really hard to find the *perfect* piece. It seems I like the darker pieces (Dance of the Knights from Romeo and Juliet is one of my faves) which just aren't appropriate for such a light hearted event. There is a regal piece from The Royal Fireworks that I told B we might use for us walking out, but it's regal ...I just don't think it's appropriate for a balcony. I heard an oboe concerto (LeBrun) the other day that I also liked for us walking out...that seems to be an easier pick than me walking in, though. I need to start researching marches, I guess.

And, I'm rambling...

No comments: