Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Pondering my registry picks...

Wouldn't it be cool if bridal registries were like amazon wish lists and you could rate how much you wanted each item? You are told time and time again that you should put entirely too much on the registry so that 1) there's a variety of price items on the list for people who want to spend different amounts, and 2) there are enough items on the list that everyone who wants to get you something has options. I have to say that I like every item on my registries, but at the same time there are definitely some things I'd rather have than others. This is why I think bridal registries should be like Amazon.

Also, I registered for Lenox china, but I'm not necessarily sure that I want it but am told that I should get it. But in all honesty, I'd much rather showcase in a china cabinet my Italian dishes that I brought back from Positano rather than the Opal Innocence Lenox dishes. They are beautiful and tons more meaningful than anything I could get at Dillards. Also, I picked a pattern that is not colorful bec I felt like my tastes significantly change frequently and that it would be a waste of money to get something colorful that I would tire of...but what if it's not me? It seems a bit stuffy. Oh, well...it's registered for. Maybe I'll take another look at the options...just in case. Oh, yeah...and the colorful dishes always look prettier than the plain ones when the lights are shining on it...another reason to reconsider. It's such a big decision! I'll have these dishes for the rest of my life! What if I make a mistake and detest the dishes in 3 years???

I also am having a bad time with registering...hehehe...I feel bad doing it. I put something on the list and remove it bec I think "nobody should buy me this...I feel bad for having it on here...I can buy it myself." And I've actually had to remove some items from my registries bec I bought them for myself.

Turns out, though, that none of these concerns really matters...I picked my groom and I know he's perfect...and that's what really counts.

No comments: